To provide unified access of user’s data across devices and cloud storage services.
Even though cloud storage is popular for users with numerous benefits and supports large number of devices, it is not user-friendly.
It also adds complexity to user’s ability to manage data as follows:
- Manage multiple storages – multiple identities.
- Manually develop a comprehensive view of the data.
- Live with multiple client apps each with it’s own UI and features.
- Inability to impose user’s preferred structure and encryption on the data.
- Interacted with the product owners to understand their vision on providing unified access of user’s data across devices and cloud storage services.
- Worked closely with the product development team to understand the system and it’s capabilities.
- Conducted user interviews to understand their prespectives and expectations.
- Defined user task flows.
- Created proof of concepts with Non Functional Requirements.
- Worked closely with the engineering team to understand the technology limitations, and iterated the mock-ups.
- Created click-through prototype to demonstrate the task flow to the engineering and QA team.
Proposed design - Desktop application
Proposed design - Mobile application for XD1 client